View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Bottom two on single suited flop against aggro

Villain's button open-limp is only marginally disturbing, seen in the light of his history with me.

Since I several times have snapped off his steal-raises it's not very likely his limp signifies a trap - I have proved to be willing to push when he raises, and simply raising and calling me when I come over the top would do the trick.

I'm likely to put him on a weak or medium strengh hand here - one he'd like to see the flop with, and not get raised off.

Probable trap hands would be AA thru JJ and AK/AQ suited or not. I'm ahead of anything but pocket QQ and AKc, and a virtual coinflop against AcQ. If I count correctly that's 42 for me and 7 for him, so that's not really a major concern here.

I think it would a mistake to allow him a free draw to a club, and further I gain no information from flat calling his raise. There'll at the most fall a club on the turn slightly more than one time out of five - the other four times little has changed (unless the board pairs), and I'm still in the same quandary.

The way I see this hand either I'm folding or pushing to his flop raise.

BTW, we're the two biggest stacks on the table, and there's approximately 90 players left with the tourney paying 180 - so it's very small increases in pay-out until the last two tables.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)