View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Daily Song Single

[ QUOTE ]
I know their music in a general sense and have one single, " I'm No Angel," and love it.

What other Allman Brothers songs would I like?

I like the one song so much I may buy a bunch if you could make some good recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. "I'm No Angel" is actually a Greg Allman song from his solo stuff. You should also check out "Its Not My Cross to Bear"...its slow bluesy with good guitar and Gregs usual raspy wails. The preview up at iTunes is from the beginning of the song and doesn't show much of the guitar or more dynamic points of the song.

You also must check out In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, the version from Live at the Fillmore East. Its a beautiful instrumental that features some amazing playing by Duane Allman. Pay attention to about half way through the 11th minute. Duane comes back in with some riffs that give me goosebumps. Turn it up nice and loud.

Dreams is also a classic. Very chill beautifully simple song.

Other favorites of mine include Don't Keep Me Wonderin', Midnight Rider, One Way Out, and Statesboro Blues. Just go to iTunes, run a search on Allman Brothers and preview a bunch of the songs there. There's a good mix of upbeat songs, more rock type songs, and more bluesy stuff.

If you have any questions on them after previewing lemme know!