Thread: Rate my Play
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Results

I'm glad to see such a disparity in advice. That was kind of what I was hoping for. I thought there were several ways to play this hand and it took me a long time to decide my play PF. I chose this play which was ultra-LAG for my standards, but it felt right.

Result: Villain held AK and rivered an A. Ok, big deal. It happens. I should be glad he played it this way. (He played it horribly IMO, far worse than any of my plays I believe). I should be glad to get an all-in call on the river as a 6-to-1 favorite.

However, now my dilemma is that I'm left with 70 chips. That's it.

So my follow-up question is this: Did I overplay my 66 here? And by overplay I mean doing anything more expensive than limp/folding if I miss the flop? Usually this is my play when Im the chipleader this close to the bubble, and the only other player who can damage me is already in the pot.

My initial thought was that "That was stupid, why did I do that?" But then I thought, "I had a read, thought I could outplay villain...did, and lost. Oh well. I don't want to back into first place, I want to come in through the front door."

So I went to bed with this dilemma...was this poor tournament strategy?? If this was a cash game I wouldn't care. But was I stupid to play 66 in my position? Or should I follow my instincts here?

By the way, was my flop-raise to 800 enough to get two overcards to fold? I thought it was...and by the way, no i was not playing my gutshot in this hand. I realize I had one, but I was going on the premise that my 2nd pair was good.