View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: I just did something really dumb

Dr. You have done more for my win rate than anyone else. Indeed you would be my first choice for a live tutor/patient if we lived in the same area. I don't say this because I feel that stratagy is unimportant, its just that the stratagy I understand.

Indeed "Most of the mistakes we make are not caused by lack of knowledge." 80% of the people who took this survey agree with you on that. That is going to cause me to shift my poker study time from one third each logic, statistics, and psychology to 50% psychology, 25% statistics, and 25% logic. I just ordered your books "a students survival manual, and Executive career strategy". I did not at first see the relavence of material like that however have learned about anxiety from your book "Anxiety and the executive" I have changed my mind.

Now I must disagree with you on something. "If you never test yourself, you never know how good you are, nor can you develop your game."

That with the help of a computer and your matrix is very easy to find out. My abilities are Y=0.3415X(squared)-7.4814X+68.792. Where Y=The percentage of hands seen in the river where played by the parameter "Stone killer" and X = The big bets earned per hour in a limit game including (Omaha hi low split, 7 stud high low split, 7 card stud, and Texas Holdem).

I have gotten enough data above 68.792% through tourneyment play where I am frequently forced to play against better players to be able to interpolat data rather than depending on extrapolation. I appreciate your offering an out but it would be pure denial for me to take it.