View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: $33: AA hand.. what to do?

I think this is a standard line if he thinks you have just overcards with a wide range of hands...the trouble is, with the board the way it is, the vast majority of that range has you beat - TT, 99, 88, 77, 66, T9, T8, 98, 87, 76, 86, T7, A9, and you are only ahead of hands like AT, KT, QT, JT, unlikely limped JJ, very unlikely played QQ or KK, unlikely 55 and lower pairs. If he has any of those 2 pair hands or a hand with a 9, he does bet the turn if he thinks you have overcards or a big pair.

If I'm doing this, I've probably got you beat unless I decided to limp JJ or happened to have 55 and thought you just had overcards. Of course, I don't move in on the river with 55 unless the river is a 5 or a 4.

Unless you really have a reason to think your opponent is a total donk, I'd like to think I'd be able to fold this...and I think its an easy fold if you call here and get an all in on the river.

That said, I think you played it right, you just got an awful board for your aces and you should leave...which is better than getting an awesome board for your aces but having them be second best.

Dennis