View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Notes When Playing Live

Probably like many 2+2ers, I play a lot online but want to get in to playing live more often. One of the great things about playing online is how easy it is to take notes. Making a note about a person's play usually is as simple as a right-click on thier avatar. Keeping notes about our results is even easier. With PokerTracker or something similar set up right, the histories are pulled in automatically as we play.

There are a lot of differences between playing live and playing online. Some of these differences have helped me to consistantly lose live while I consistantly win online. I've identified many problems with my live game, and one of them is that I don't take any notes whatsoever. Most other problems have a clear solution. For example, probably my biggest problem was that I didn't track the size of the pot accurately. This was easily fixed with a little practice and some focus. But there doesn't seem to be a clear fix to my notes-taking problem. I don't know what I should be doing.

So for all you live players, how do you take notes? Do you note specific players' tendancies? Overall tendancies about a class of player, say maniacs and weak-tight players? How do you keep track of your results? Do you just note the bottom line, or do you track more details like how often you came in to a pot, etc? When do you take these notes? At the table during play, or later on when you get up?

Lots of questions, but if you could just tell me what you think is improtant, that's probably what would help me the most. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]