Thread: Rate my Play
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Rate my Play

$10+$1 NL SNG on party last night. I played the hand very different from how I normally do. I want to know what you all think.

5 players left. I'm chipleader with ~2300.

UTG: Villain 2230
MP: Hero 2300
Button: Has about 1570
SB: Has 1100
BB: Has 800

Blinds at 75/150 and they increase next hand.

I'm dealt 66. My read on UTG is that he's a novice. I saw him slowroll some guy earlier with the nut boat so he's a jerk, and probably fairly new to this game so he's not good. I've also seen him limp UTG several times.

UTG limps for 150. I raise to 400. Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG takes a while then calls.

Pot: 1025. Flop comes 7 5 3 rainbow. He bets 300. I immediately put him on two overs and I raise to 900 (leaving me with about 1000). He calls fairly quickly. This doesn't change my read, though.

Turn pot is 2825 and the turn is another 7, pairing the board. He checks. I push in for my last 1K or so. He thinks for about 8 seconds and calls all-in. (I'm returned 70 chips).

Thoughts, comments... like I said, I usually play my mid PP's more tight-aggressive than this, but I was not worried about getting outplayed by Villain in this case, and was also hoping for one of the shorter stacks to move in on me with KT or A8 or whatever.