View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

[ QUOTE ]
Alright KO .... now that my brain is hurting from all that... I think i've got a lot of learning to do! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I guess what you're saying is that in the sb, only one limper, I should tighten up my play with any 2 suited. Basically, if they're not connected, or have no high card value, I should really consider folding.

I know there is no definite answer, but just trying to understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The %'s in that are accurate, I don't know how accurate my usage of them were... but remember you never want to put money in the pot without the chance at getting more back (pot odds). Pot odds are generally ignored pre-flop but in some conditions they need to be taken into account (like cold-calling PP's, for instance).

Well, tighten up away from the playing any two suited cards standards, anyway.

If the limper is loose I usually raise to isolate with normal limping hands like A9o. I'll raise with a suited A, too, like A7s, any 2 paints (QJo), K8+suited, etc.

If the limper is tight I'll limp with those instead of raise.

But you need to do more than just follow someone else's list of starting hands. You need to know the why's and what's good to limp with.

With a tight limper you have to worry about being dominated... you have K7s, and a K lands on the rainbow flop... you bet, he raises, what do you do?

With a loose limper you want to have high-card strength and decent kicker, since he may be limping with A5o. You want to be the one dominating. If you think you have a good chance at that, raise it.

KO