View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone saying fold pre-flop? SSHE says play any two suited from sb with no raise.

I seem to follow the pre-flop hand charts pretty strictly. Should I not do this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I would have bet the turn as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tight charts assume 2-3 limpers, the loose charts 4-6, if I recall correctly (my book is on my desk at work).

So the charts don't really cover 1 limper.

If I had some high-card power it would be better, but then it would be a better raise, depending on the read I have on that player (which I forget at the moment). But since all I'm really counting on is either a miracle flop for my 47, or a suited flop for my hearts there aren't enough odds to call for that.

Chances for a 4-flush on flop are about 11% (and 35% chance of it hitting by turn, so 3.8%), chances for 2 pair abour 3, trips 1.5, so 8.3% chance of hitting a hand with this. So I should be getting 11-1.

2 limpers + blinds would make it 7-1, and implied odds could probably make up the rest. That is, hitting my hand and getting 1 player calling down.

But with 1 limper + blinds I'm only getting 5-1 on my complete. That means I would have to make up 3BB without getting out-drawn.

KO