View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Interesting Hand from WPT Aruba

I really like this play. Almost nobody will call you on this.(unless they already have u dominated . Although I would be worried about the MP1 (old dood) calling you with A,J. If he’s not that good he may just not realize that AJ isn’t an all in hand in the first level  Although id probably put him on a suited connector. 7,8 – 8,9 – 9,10. Besides that I think that the Aggressive young guy wont call you with anything less then QQ. Not even AK probably. (due to the fact hes playing LAG he’s probably got KJ, maybe QJ. So hes a fold) He’s aggressive and probably realizes his aggression can gain him more chips by continuting to have a lot of chips and using them aggressively vs possibly playing a tricky situation and is already dominated.(because u are representing AA,KK,QQ,AK to most ppl Lets be honest, most avg players will think that is what you have here. Lets just say we are glad DW didnt have a hand and he already folded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Most ppl WANT To think you have aces and kings here so they'll fold this early in a tourny.) We all can see that MP3 is stealing this pot. Although probably a 5%-10% chance hes got a monster and was smooth calling with aces and now with the pot built hes trying to get It heads up or win the pot right here. Id say unlikely. Although ive been wrong before.

Personally I’ve always gone by the modo Don’t get ur chips in the middle unless your pretty damn sure you’re the decent favourite. With so many ppl in this pot I probably wouldn’t make this same play just for the fact that I would be pretty sure I could get my money in in a better spot in the future. There is defeintly a potential for a call from 1 out of 3 players.

Overall I really do like this play (personally if I made this play id PREFER folds but getting a caller and outdrawing a sucker would be almost as good for your table image (just like u said, ppl would have no idea how to play you, theyd probably think your bluffing everytime after this. You stand to make a lot of chips from this play in future as long as ur table doesn’t break. I like it. Good move. I hope you outdrew Aces  I LOVE hearing idiots say (“ I NEVER WIN WITH ACES”) haha It’s possibly my favourite line.