View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: How do I get my mojo back :(?

I sorta know how it feels. I just had what was for me a rough 3 day downswing.

Came out of it nicely ysterday, though. I was already doing alright, when this hand hit and really set things right with me psychologically:

I'm dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. 3 limp, SB completes, I check.

Pot is $1.25. Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Good chance I could take this pot right here if nobody has a 9, so I want to bet.

SB checks, I bet $1. 3 people call

So ,I figure I'm done with the hand, since there's at least one 9 out there, and in fact I'm thinking that two people each have a 9 here.

Pot is $5.25. Turn is a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

NEIL MAKE MAGIC. If the 9s are out and split, as I expect, the only hand I have to fear even drawing out on me here are a higher pocket pair (would have raised) or pocket 8s if the case 8 hits. Time to slow down and let the 9s get aggressive. Little did I know...

SB checks, I check, MP bets $2, LP calls, SB raises to $4, I call, MP calls, LP raises all-in to $16.90, SB calls, I raise all-in to $18.25, MP calls all-in, SB calls.

River is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Then I see the cards, and this deal could not have been more favorable for me really.

SB shows 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
LP shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Really, only the LP had no business mixing it up on that turn. I'm glad he did though, helping give me my biggest pot ever of $88.70 (minus 50 cents rake).

I highly recommend boat over boat over boat to get out of a slump.