View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Thinking While Playing (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I have donked away potentially favourable situation to earn good money( top 10 stack with 80- left) because I loose consentration or deviate from my play

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah-- I've done same lately. I will have a lapse in concentration long enough after looking at my hand that I'll have made up my mind on a play without taking in all the information, and then something comes up that would change my play entirely, but I'm locked in and make it without thinking. And one mistake is all it takes in NLH. Cost me some good chips and good money at UB's $125k a while ago and at their afternoon $109 earlier this week. (So now I keep my hand the hell OFF the mouse until it's my turn and I've decided what to do.)

[ QUOTE ]
5.Breathe

[/ QUOTE ]

$%@! yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
Im getting my first perscription for Adderol XL this week, I really really cant wait to see what it does for my mental game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If breathing is something you have to remind yourself to do, this will probably be very good for you. I think I've got a bit of the ADD myself and my experience with these types of drugs is that they improve my focus and alertness, but also bring a certain sense of calm that results from the cessation of mental noise.