Thread: AA party 2/4
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: AA party 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I think I understand most of what you've said, but I don't understand this:

[ QUOTE ]
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, once you get c/r, it's time to reevaluate the situation, player, and odds. 5handed vs this type esp. when top pair and underpairs/overpairs have just 5% equity and 99 is now so unliekly it's very often a call. sometimes do you lose to J9 or 44? sure, but it's deifnately a profitable call especially dead money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying we should fold?

Also, you refer to dead money, but the pot is heads-up. Are you speaking hypothetically, like, "If there were more opponents who will call, there would be dead money in the pot and we have a clear call?" Or should we call now becasue heads-up we have dead money? If so, what dead money?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a call. And by dead money i mean extra money in the pot, (the "dead" money being your overlay) so even though we may not expect to win 50% of time ("even" money) the fact we are getting a much better price means we dont need to win even close to that to make the call pos ev.

PLUS, you may even have the best hand ~50%+ anyway!

Your question, what dead money, meaning how much in the pot relative to the bet, is an expert question and the beauty of poker. If you're able to determine correct frequencies you win and everyone else loses.