View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: $2/4 time to fold an overpair? or am i weak tight here...

[ QUOTE ]
I felt that there was about a 50-50 chance that i was ahead on the flop, but that's not really the point- do i have enough equity in this situation to justify calling two bets cold and then probably putting in two more BBs on the turn and river? i think that with a couple of cold-callers in front of me, there was likely at least one club draw out there, as well as a bunch of overcards- the chance of me eing ahead by the end was probably not good enough to justify a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button may slow down after having been checkraised on the flop. Then again, someone else may wake up on the turn, depending on what falls and what cards people have. (Also, it's possible someone is slowplaying a set.)

I agree that it's not a comfortable situation. And your position isn't so great either. (There is potential for you to get trapped for bets on an installment plan.) But the pot is pretty big, and I don't think I'd be ready to give up yet.

That doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to showdown, though. For instance, if a third club fell on the turn (or, say, an ace or a king), and there was a bet and raise before the action got to me, then I would fold. I'd probably fold to a single bet on an ace or king, actually, and I might give up for a single turn bet if anyone woke up on a third club, too.

[ QUOTE ]
thoughts on betting out with the expectation of a raise, that is, using an aggressive player to help protect this marginal holding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a great idea if it'll work. I don't think most 2/4 players will checkraise such a large field with AK (without a flush draw, anyway), but if this BB will, then that's good for you.