Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Racism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a stupid assumption in general. If someone finds black women unattractive because of their skin color, it isn't 'evil' or 'ignorant'. If you want to call it racism, then you're really diluting the term.

The example of a bald woman goes with this well. That is like saying that the guy who chooses to avoid the bald woman is just as 'the racist' guy who chooses the white lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wrong. Being bald is unattractive because it is often the sign of an older person or someone who is sick thus wouldn't make a good mate. Skin color on the other hand is not. If someone finds a certain skin color unattractive, it is "ignorant" and pretty much the definition of racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone chooses to be bald on their own will (a woman)...What is your case there? You're changing the circumstances (creating age/sickness) to try and support your point. That is fallable. I don't think finding someone unattractive based on skin tones is racist. My girlfriend is pretty white (see: not tan) and if someone didn't find her attractive because she wasn't of a darker tone, I wouldn't call them racist but you would, interesting.

I saw the points made before. Your point, however, is invisible to me.