View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've played almost 15k hands and have a win rate of approx 1.2 BB/100. But I can say that it is amazing how many flushes and straights are completed on the river, not the turn. I think Party should make flushes a lower ranked hand just because they happen so often on its site.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a lawyer, you should know better than to make a statement like that without evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work. I'll cite PT stats when I get home.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT stats with only a 15k sample size is going to fail the Daughbert test.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, forget it. My point wasn't to prove anything. It was to say that one should not blindly accept things as facts, especially when it involves a) a corporation that is b) offshore and c) not regulated by a powerful and strict gaming agency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never argued that these corporations are not capable of very shady dealings. I think what Party did with its IPO was very very shady, and its founders made billions off of it while the stockholders saw a 30 percent drop the first quarter. However, its not that an online poker site isn't capable of somehow rigging the cards, its that to do so would be ridiculously stupid, for so many reasons that have been argued before, I don' tfeel like spelling them all out again for the millionth damn time. And as a fellow lawyer (8 more months), I can tell you that while there still has not been one shred of hard evidence (statistics from large poker databases, etc.) to show that there is anything wrong with the deal at the major sites, there has been plenty of evidence to show that they are fin. (Once again, large databases which show hand distributions exactly as one would expect, including the number of straights and flushes made).