View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Official Week #4 lines for \"3+1 Challenge\"

First time for me in this thread this year.

Seems like a lot of people are jumping on the Texans at +10 this week. The thinking must be, Houston can't possibly be as bad as they've looked, and there's no way Cincy is as good as they've looked. Both probably true. Will this be one of those games that goes differently then how it looks on paper so far?

I don't think so. Cincy has handled Houston twice before in the Dom Capers era with worse teams than they have now, and I don't see any reason for things to change this week. With two non division road games coming up, and considering their past, the Bengals have no reason to psychologically look past this game (like they might if they had Pittsburgh in week 5). I don't see Cincy taking this game for granted, I see them hungry and poised to lay a whooping on a team they matchup well with, playing at home. I'll take Cincinnati -10 , and I also like Cin/Hou over 42.5 .

I've also seen a few people take the under in the Colts/Titans game....I'm going to go with recent history and take Ind/Ten over 45 . The Titans haven't been able to stop Indy's O the last two years, and haven't been able to stop anyone this year except for Baltimore. Low scoring games for Indy bring the line down - I think it's back to normal this week.

Hopefully Willie Roaf is back for the Chiefs - I like them at home, Kan -2 1/2 .

$400 Bengals
$300 Ind/Ten over
$200 Chiefs
$100 Cin/Hou over