Thread: Baseball--9/28
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Baseball--9/28

I take great risk in getting flamed here but I can't resist!

If you have read much of my past posts you will know I just loathe laying runs and find it to be a pure sucker bet in most instances. Laying runs and still laying juice? Yeeeech!!!!!

These are bad bets. I haven't even capped these games yet but these kinds of lines are bad. About 28% of games are 1 run games. No team in baseball is below .500 when getting runs! Even lowly KC is 84-73 when adjusting their record to the runline. This means saying any team will lose by 2 or more, more than 50% of the time like these lines say it means you need MAJOR mismatches just to probably break even.

Lilly starts have resulted in a 14-6 record when given the runs. Arroyo starts have resulted in 12-19 record when giving runs and you wanna lay juice saying Arroya beats Lilly by more than 2? No thanks!

Even lowly McClung is .500 when getting the runs and Lee is an impressive 20-11 when giving runs but I still don't like it.

Giving runs and laying juice for the priviledge is just bad and you are giving up way too much. Baseball doesn't offer the kind of dominance required for these kinds of bets to ever be any good.