View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 11:32 AM

Default It will happen 2 you

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Everyone on this forum and all of 2+2 has always preached the need to manage your bankroll, play at the right level, and prepare for a big downswing at some point. I paid some attention to that, however I had managed to work through the levels and got to 5-10 6 max with a 800BB bankroll with never really hitting a prolonged downswing (fluctuations of course, but nothing dramatic) – things were moving along nicely, winning 1.8BB/100 over 40K+ hands at that level……..then in the middle of August things went horribly wrong - Down swing of 250BB over 15K hands and:
- Every flop missed my hand
- It seemed liked I was getting rivered on every big hand (lost to runner, runner 4 of a kinds on the board with my pocket K’s 3 times…..)
- None of my ‘moves’ were working, seemed like people were playing back at me on every hand……
I started questioning my abilities, started going over my PT stat’s with a fine tooth comb – could not find anything dramatically different in play for those last 15K hands - my stats have always been 23/15 (the only real difference when I dug deep was that I seemed to wining the ‘small pots’ and losing or chopping the ‘big pots’) – wo was me – I was thinking of dropping back down to 3-6 to retool a little bit…….Then…..

2 weeks ago lightening struck and I was back to hitting flops, making the occasional set with my PP, and actually rivering people for a change…..played another 15K hands since then and made back almost all of my down swing……So the moral of the story:
- Make sure you are well rolled
- You WILL hit a terrible run of cards at some point
- DO NOT give up or fall into a self perpetuating cycle of loosening up to get even
- Keep reading 2+2 and take what people say seriously – as it will happen to you at some point.

Thanks for the advice in advance, if I had believed that it could happen to me I would not have taken it so hard……..