View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Official Week #4 lines for \"3+1 Challenge\"

It's been a rough, rough couple of weeks. Time to turn it around by going 4-0... I'm going to include some logic with my picks, but I do so at the same time telling everyone that I'm terrible at this.

I do think it's good to give reasoning, and I do think it's good to have faith in your reasoning. So even though I'd never trust myself with more than $20 on these, I'm giving my picks + reasoning ...

$400 - Raiders. The best winless team in the NFL, I think. They looked good against Philly and lost a tough one. They'll be looking to make a statement at home against a mediocre Dallas team. I hate this pick, however, because I think the public is overwhelmingly taking Oakland and that just doesn't bode well.

$300 - Texans. The Bengals have not played a tight game yet, and no one blows them all out. That's probably the worst logic you can have, but I think they're due. Texans will cover.

$200 - Packers. Favre and more than a touchdown? Ok. Panthers are overrated and the Packers aren't as bad as everyone says. I like Favre, and I think Green Bay may win this outright after a tight loss last week.

$100 - Eagles. I actually just saw this line, but after MNF I can't believe K.C. is spotting Philly points. Kansas City just looked ineffective on Monday, and is coming off short rest. Philly wins this one outright as well. This is another bet where everyone likes the Eagles though, so watch me get burned. I was going to pick against Washington, just because they're Washington, but this line jumped out at me.