View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: 50$ NL Deep Stacks... Extremely weird river

Preflop I call here cos he limp re-raised from MP2 and only re-raised a $1 - It says 1.50 above but it also says he made it $3 from your $2 so I assume that was an error (or another one by me)

If he'd been UTG or EP I can see why he might try to get value by limp/reraising AA,KK. Outside of the early positions I think the value of limp/reraising declines because your range of raising hands would naturaly be larger. The fact he only re-raised you half your initial raise kind of makes me think he's a limit player who got lost.

Basically, preflop I don't consider that this limp reraise represents anything like the strength a more text book example might. I guess from the results, I'm just full of it though, so thanks for the enlightenment.

On the flop, I bet because if I check I still don't know wtf is going on with his preflop limp reraise. Again this is probably 'cause I have tendancy to follow simple adages like 'bet the bot', 'play it fast' etc. as opposed to actually thinking it through.

Anyway, I'll follow the advice here and agree to treat weak limp reraises from MP as AA and fold my big offsuit junk to them.

Cheers