View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: SSH made me 60 bucks!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as soon as i raised i realized a call would have been better since i cant protect against these fools. and one cold called the turn with a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
Protecting your hand isn't getting opponents to fold. Protecting your hand is forcing your opponents to chose between folding or making an unprofitable call. I doubt that all three players behind you had odds to call two cold both times, so you did indeed protect your hand without them folding.

As for the flop raise, I think it's pretty close between raising and folding (raising is my choice), with calling being the worst of the three options. If you think you can get paid well when you hit then you should raise, and this table demonstrated that you can indeed get paid well. On a tighter table or in a slightly smaller pot I'd give up. As is, nice hand.

PS SSH has made me a bit more than $60; you ought to give it more credit.

[/ QUOTE ]
if they have a better hand than I do, they can cold call as much as they want regardless of pot size. I raised to get them to fold. Since they wont fold, i like calling so i can see the turn for one less bet. but you are right about the actual definition of proteecting.