View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Steal attempt meets interesting flop... Call?

From last night's Stars $10 rebuy. It was my first time playing the tourney. I forgot to copy the HH but remember the details...

I have 25,000 chips with blinds 400/800 a50. There are approx 350 left. I am on a tight table, and have been easily stealing with 2.5BB raises in position even with the antes.

It has been at least an orbit since I played a hand. I get 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO and raise to 2000. I have stolen on this particular villain a couple times and taken the blinds, although he reraised me once when he was the button and I folded. He seems to be a reasonably solid player.

Villain has 35,000 and calls my raise. There are now ~5000 chips in the pot.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets out 3000 chips. I think and raise to 8000. Villain instantly pushes.

I have ~15,000 chips behind.

Call or fold? What hand range do you put villain on to not only call my steal raise (not reraise), but play this flop this way?

EDIT: oh and in case it matters, I am playing for final table. I am not interested in sneaking into the money...

My analysis in white:
<font color="white">I think villain reraises me PF with AA-99, AK-AQ, so I put him on 88-22, AK-AT, KQ-KT etc although potentially any 2. On the flop, I think villain plays A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] this way, a vulnerable made flush this way, and a PP or pair with or without a club this way. Although I have odds to call here, I am still ok if I decide to fold...</font>