View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: For those of you that play the Party 1/2 (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
3bb/100 at 10/20 is somewhere around 60 per hour per table.

1bb/100 at 100/200 is somewhere around 180 per hour per table. that's 3 times more. Also playing higher will make you a much better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is another reason to consider and it's very important. Playing with thin EV of 1bb/100 means that you will face way higher swings during your game.

And you also must play WAY more hands to be confident you're at least positive player.

As there are not that much high games running in Internet and they need more attention then routine 30/60- playing (agreed?) - such games become dangerous at least in terms of long run profitability.

As full-time pro I really can't afford myself routinely playing higher limits and it's not because i haven't enough money - this is because i _need to be sure_ shortly that im positive player and making money on this current level. And as time needed to know it at say 100/200 is way longer then at 30/60 or lower. So i don't like to try them until they become _popular_ over Internet and there will be at least 10 tables running in peak hours.

For myself i have another rule which means - if your EV is lesser than 1.5bb/100 after 50K hands than you should either reconsider your play seeking places to improve or quit this game for a lower game (in case you need money for a living from poker).

That doesn't mean i vote for everybody not to play high online games, just make sure you prepare for big and what is more important _long_ swings even if you almost sure you beat this game at 1bb/100.