Thread: $55 BB hand
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: $55 BB hand

At the lower limits, I'm not so worried about my current stack size. The idiots are going to give me chips anyway, so however many I have at the moment is really just a way of measuring how long it is until they give me all of their chips (In an ideal world of course).

In the $55s, we are not yet up against the really really good players where every chip counts, but we also can't just pass up opportunities to win some chips.

I think that by check pushing, it is very likely that someone will make a bad bet here and that we can just have some chips.
Making a value raise of whatever is sensible based on the bet that comes in, is also playable, but I personally find top pair/bottom pair one of the hardest hands to play after the turn in an aggressive game. Too many things seem to go wrong with these hands and I prefer to just end them now.
Coupled with the fact that there are still one or two donks floating around who will call with Ax, and I think it's an okay play.

I wouldn't argue at all with trying to get more chips out of this one, in fact I'd probably do it on occasion, but I think my standard play would be to check/push.

Edit: Changed preferable to playable.

Lori