View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 08:22 PM

Default Re: JJ in the Blinds

My thinking was that this is an excellent flop for someone to bluff at, paired overcards with a rag. If he is bluffing the best I can do is to call him down. A higher pair would have likely raised the flop as would a high Ace. Thus the hands I expected were a low ace or a stone cold bluff. As such if I reraise it is likely to win the pot right there and I'll miss out on the turn and river bluff attempts. A secondary thought (not mentioned above) was that this could very well be a bad beat jackpot draw (though the turn card likely killed that). All ended well though because he turned over 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for nut low strait draw. He berated my play for not laying the Jacks down by asking what could have hit the board to make me fold them. Grinning I told him it's bad policy to fold winners. In reflection I keep fluctuating about whether or not I played this well and really should have folded the turn. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and trust a subconscious read. I read somewhere, and someone here probably knows the source, "When you are very close between calling and folding, always call. It's just more fun!"