View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Fairly interesting hand (bad beat post in disguise :p)

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was looking for a blank. I was pretty certain fslexcduck was on the straight with me after she reraised the flop (I guess I would be a bit less certain if I knew who she was and that she remembered I was 2+2, but still pretty likely to be a chop pot). That means a set, and SB pretty much needs a set to call her raise, has more equity in the pot than me. Therefore, waiting for a blank to get the money in gains quite some merit. Because the money will certainly go in if the turn is a blank, but I save it when it pairs. This can backfire heavilly when I fold the best hand of course, but I feel it's right. Anyway, it's kinda interesting.

And I agree with fslexcduck that I can't flat call on a two-tone flop, since I won't know where I'm at whatever falls on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is when SB plays it as he should, i.e. checks the turn 8. Say SB checks and fxldsfhnodsfuhsdf (eh...) goes all in? You'd be forced to call since she is likely on a split and SB might have Q J. Or if the turn is an 8 and it's checked to you.

I just push the flop, cause the pot is so big, and I don't want to face the akward turn scenarios I described above.