View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Raise the overcards here?

[ QUOTE ]
I think we need much better reads before making a decision on this one. CO's description sort of confuses me. Why do you think he likely has a 7 if he is clowny? Is he passive postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly I did not have super a amazing read for the CO outside of the PA/PT stats. He had not shown down many hands. I put his range at any one pair hand (a 7 or 88-TT) and possibly a draw. I do not think he would have played a 4 like this.

[ QUOTE ]
Would UTG fold 88 if you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of why I didn't raise because I don't think that he would. He seemed reasonably tight pre-flop but his showdown % was really high. I might have been able to get rid of him on the turn though.

[ QUOTE ]
As a default, I tend to agree....that people raise here with overcards way too often. I think this could be a good spot to raise though depending on the answer to those read questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I raise too often in this spot myself. But I think it's worth a SB in this spot since I am definitely calling and there is lots of value in knocking out other 6-out hands if I am going to spike or in the possibly unlikely scenario that AK is the best hand.