View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Making your next decision \"easier\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that has bugged me too. It's like, I have Q9s and 20 BBs on the button and want to make a steal raise, but if I only raise 3 or 4 BBs I'll have to fold to a push from the blinds- I'll raise 12 BBs then my call will be automatic!

Granted this is a bit extreme, but I never quite grasped what he was getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

But in the first case, your fold is automatic, so that's fine. The point is not that you should always price yourself in, the point is that you should try to avoid giving yourself tough decisions.

In live events where you can get a read maybe there's nothing wrong with postponing your tough decisions until later, but in online poker where the decisions are basically binary, you can predict a situation where a raise will leave you in a tough spot, and insulate yourself against it ahead of time, by making your bet either larger or smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I need to reread that section, but it seemed like he was saying, in those marginal situations just price yourself in so that a call is automatic, therefore, no more "tough" decisions. Maybe a combination of bad writing and poor reading comprehension [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]