View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: OK EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in my 3rd post i believe i said that i had been at the table for 3 or 4 orbits and this player looked to be passive and weak. Therefore there is about a 1% chance he is a "good thinking player" and raising with 89s here. And who says "good thinking players" do that anyway. My poker insticts told me had a big hand. Take that for what its worth.

If I am 97% sure that the worst hand he can have here is jj-ak which has been the discussion the whole time, thats where the argument comes in. Otherwise of course theres not an argument, we might have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, i am not saying that all good thinking players raise suited connectors. I simply classified opponents into different catergories and attempted to show that it was right to play the hand in either cirumstance.

I also pointed out that many players have a wider range than some people here have acknowledged. I understand you have read him as strong, but gernally i don't think 3-4 orbits is enough to put him on a 5 hand range when he raises preflop. If you read is that strong, use it to fold the turn after a jack high flop when he plays back at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres no way you can fold a 5 outer on the turn after you raise the flop and say 1 person cold calls and he 3 bets. There will be 12.5 bb in the pot by the time he bets out on the turn. Can't fold a 5 outer. Then on the river when your getting 15 or 16-1 are you going to fold top pair?

This whole post is about compounding mistakes out of posistion when you have a terrible terrible hand against a presumed Huge hand. Why give the guy action?