View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: $33 - get cute on bubble with KK?

[ QUOTE ]
Im going to suggest something that is prolly going to be seen as horrible.

I say min raise, and try to get on of the stacks pot committed. Then push any flop. And yes, it will suck if an Ace hits, but I may be willing to take that chance to get into a very dominant position.

Odds are whoever calls a min raise, will call a push.
However, you are giving them the chance to make a mistake on the flop by folding when you push. Either way, push or min raise you will get the people all in or get the blinds. You may get that lucky chance that someone will call the min raise, and fold the flop to any aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea sometimes, although it will probably get regarded as horrible. With KK and a big stack on the bubble, I'm happy to get all my chips in against 1 opponent. My goal in this situation is to get as much money in the pot PF with a single caller. I really don't want them to both call. I'll sometimes push if I think I'll get called, but sometimes I think that min raising or raising an amount that leaves the original raiser 30% of his stack to be even more profitable. Even in the $33s it's amazing the number of people that don't understand concepts like being pot committed.

Anyway, I don't want to just call here because then you're left playing KK in a multi-way pot. I'll only push if I'm sure I'll get called. If I think I can get more money in the pot PF with a single caller by raising some other amount than all my chips, I'll do that.

Thoughts?