View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 AM

Default I just lost 35 BBs in an hour and I feel fine

Just lost 35BBs 1-tabling 5/10 6max. and I don't really feel too bad about it. I'm a long-term winning player, so sessions like this are not common for me (although, sadly, not unheard of either). In a way I guess it's good that I'm not bothered by it, but I'm a little spooked that I've become complacent with my game. I think I played fine, but it seems counterintuitive that I could lose so much in such a short period of time and not make any mistakes. Usually when I have an awful session I can pick out certain mistakes that I made, but I can't find any this time. So my question to the psychology forum is: can I reasonably expect to have sessions like this without steaming or having more than minor flaws in my technical game... I know it's certainly possible, but is it likely?

In case anyone's curious, here are the only hands that posed anything resembling tough decisions.

Hand 1: Loose/passive/on a rush SB openlimped, I raised A9 form BB and the action went check/bet call on the flop and turn. He bet into me on the river with a board of Q64-3-Q with no flush and I called after deliberation.

Hand 2: New, possibly passive, button and same SB limp, I check 63s In BB. The board is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3-A-A. I bet and the button called on flop and turn, and then I check/called the river.

Hand 3: UTG limps, new but seemingly loose/passive CO raises, I 3bet TT from SB folded to CO who caps. I check/fold after a flop of Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I don't think I made any glaring mistakes there, but if I did someone please let me know because I shouldn't feel so good about dropping 35 bets.