View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Going from 8-tabling to 12-tabling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, no one should ever play with overlap. Think of how much that costs you. If you're going to be a SNG genius and intend on beating the game, you can not go about it in a half-assed way.\

[/ QUOTE ]

For some people it is too expensive. I 8-tabled over 3000 SnGs from the 33 - 109 level. I don't have solid ROI numbers for the 33 and 109 level but my 55s was over 15% for over 2000 games. One monitor.

I posted my 1 monitor 8-table setup a few months ago and got flamed pretty bad for it, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference if you have a unique computer background. I'm getting a quad-monitor setup anyways because it is easier and probably slightly better. For SnG's, though, just because you play on one monitor doesn't mean you are going about it in a half-assed way. Of course no overlap is more effecient and practical, but that doesn't mean that it is 'wrong' to play with it. If someone has tried playing with overlap and has done horribly, then they just don't have the mental experience to do it. That doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my old roomate. his setup was ghey. dont listen to him...

ok actually, i kinda like what he did. i had 2 of my old 19" crts sitting on the floor in my closet that he refused to use. his setup worked well for him, and his results were perfectly fine. i flamed him too for the setup though.. i hated it. i KNOW when i was gone he used mine though. i just know it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] holla