View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Lost in 6-max (stat post)

Ok the transition from full ring to 6-max isnīt the easiest one, and you arenīt the first and certainly not the last that have experienced this.
The key to success in beating the SH ganes is controlling the aggression. Not just blindly betting and raising just because its the "TAG" thing to do. But recognizing the situations where there is profit to be made or not. While this holds true for Full ring games also itīs even more so in the SH games. In short, good postflop skills is more rewarded in SH since you are playing more pots.

Now looking at your stats itīs hard to exactly pinpoint the problem but since you are feeling lost as you say i would recommend that you tighten up a bit until you feel more comfortable.
And the way to cut down those VPIP numbers are by tightening up a bit on your blind stealing. avoid those marginal situations if you can.
Same goes for blind defence. tighten up a bit more there too, although your numbers look ok they donīt show the whole picture. Blind defense is a science of its own and there is no need to play marginal hands from the blinds until you fel comfortable with the whole situation.
Also tighten up from UTG and UTG+1 throw away QTo and QJo the same goes for any Aces with a lower kicker than T. Concentrate instead more on your Button and CO play...

So after tightening up preflop you need to seriously tone down your aggression postflop. Something you will come to learn is that although aggression is important one of the most profitable situations in SH play is to play passive. Simply put you need to learn how to call... looking at your aggression stats I see someone who bets too much with marginal hands and I guess that you are doing alot of bet-folding too... Too much aggression is easily exploitable by aware opponents. You need to see more SD with your marginal hands, and Check-Calling your way to the river can do just that...

Which leads us too...

Folded to river bets!! You are folding too many rivers!!!!

This is a major leak and implies that you are folding many winners. You need too see more rivers!!!

hope that helps...