View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Turn play question

Please post any reads on the players/table that you may have.

In this situation here, the pot is relatively small and your hand is very vulnerable (if not already near dead). I like your fold on the turn.

I was looking at the flop here and thinking that in this situation with only 5SB in the pot I think I check the flop and raise a bet from the button. This forces anyone in the pot to call two cold to win 8 (of course they can assume that it is 9 figuring that the button will complete), so they are only getting 4.5:1 odds, this punishes the first cold caller if he has an OESD, but does not hurt him if he has a flush draw. Man, this pot is small, but just big enough to make it tough to protect your hand. One potential result of the C/R is that there is a chance (albeit a distant one) that you could get a better 8 to fold.

I guess I check the flop and almost hope it checks around and the Turn is a blank...if this happens then I bet out as we are making the first caller look at 3.5:1. If I get raised I probably let this one go. This may be totally wrong, but the pot is so friggin’ small.