View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Doing an experiment at NL50. Goodbye BB/100

Hi guys,

I recently switched to NL50, and am having trouble with the variance. I then read this post by gigabet:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1

I've decided I'm not going to look at PTBB/100 for the next week. I have an ample bankroll for the level I'm playing at, and after 10 hours playing NL50, I was making $40 an hour and thinking I was the best poker player to ever have lived. After 4 more hours my hourly rate is $2 an hour (much higher factoring in rb) My PTBB/100 at the moment is 0.61 after 4300 hands... but I know I'm running cold (losing with KK and QQ). But bb/100 just puts me in a terrible mood. I'm just going to play the cards and worry about my hourly rate when I'm short on money.

You see, I'm not short of money, I don't need this as a job right now.. but I want to be a significant source of income by december. I've been playing 3 months so far, and I've improved so much that I can't even imagine what I'll be like in 3 months more time. I've improved so much that I'm fully aware of just how bad I am right now compared to great players.

So I'm not opening "Ring Game Statistics" in PT until next week. Then I'll look at my ptbb/100 and we'll see what it says, but right now it's making me disappointed in myself, and that's making me play badly.

Anyone else get negatively effected by their bb/100?