View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: the old mike l. rears his ugly head?

[ QUOTE ]
ok i wont talk about myself in the third person but this hand became an instant post as soon as i played it i felt.

good 40 live game. i had Qh6h on the button and limped after 3 limpers who play bad and one who plays good. the blinds called. 7 of us.

the flop was 6c5d3d. bb who is an okay very young kid who wins im sure and likes to read hands and lay hands down, but also knows i sometimes make plays at pots, bets. two limpers call meaning just about nothing and i raise. he 3 bets, the worst limper calls, and i call.

the turn is Ad. he bets, limper folds, and i raise.

ill stop the action there and see what you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Marginal call, close enough though that its not worth discussing. FLOP: Youre getting 10-1 to continue in this hand on a connected board with a flush draw, given the fact that your hand may not even be best right now and if it is it likely will not hold up, I would just fold. Folding the flop is the best play in my opinion. TURN: I like it a lot. Against the type of player who is trying to play well and willing to lay a hand down based on reads, this is a good play. You played your hand just like a flush draw on the flop, so if the villain doesnt have the flush himself he will likely lay it down unless he has two pair or a set. Of course if you think he will call you down regardless b/c of your image with him than just fold the turn.