View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: QQ-no idea how to play this-badly butchered?

The min-raise preflop probably indicates Villain has a big pair or possibly AK. So, using that as a base, you're behind AA and KK, but ahead of AK and JJ (and chopping with an unlikely QQ). Leading the flop is OK, too. The min-raise from villain on the flop is odd, but calling it is ok. He could have min-raised this flop with JJ/QQ/KK/AA, but AK seems less likely now. Check/call the $4 on the turn is ok, too, since there is still JJ that you beat, and QQ that you tie. I think you are losing to KK or AA, but you have better than 5:1 odds to call that river bet.

Seems ok to me. If he did have AA or KK, he milked it for every possible penny with his min-raises and small bets. I think he priced you in to seeing a show down. I don't really like his line for AA, however. If I were him, I probably would have raised a little more preflop, which would have made your flop bet a little bigger, and then I'd call your flop bet and then bet/raise the turn. I think the board is pretty safe, and I'd like to think I could put you on a pocket pair TT-KK.