View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Leasing or buying a car

[ QUOTE ]
So far there are 12 responses to this thread and not one is even remotely close to accurate.

To those of you who responded that leasing is retarded, please explain how an option that works for many people is retarded. If retarded means it doesn't work for you and you don't completely understand how it might work for someone else, then you are correct.

For the average person who is not self employed, leasing is not a great option. It is an option for that person if he/she does not have the necessary downpayment required to finance a car.

I don't know where the idea that insurance is more expensive on a lease comes from. Maybe it is different in other states but I doubt it.

There are also other types of leases that are different from the ones you see advertised that can be written specifically to an individuals needs such as high mileage.

To answer your question someone would have to know more about your situation. Things like can you claim use of a car on your income tax? How many miles do you drive per year? How hard are you on a car? How much money do you want to lay out initially?

I am pretty sure that I am qualified to speak about these things since I have been in the leasing business since 1989.

FGS

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.