View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: It\'s a big flop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, I hope you see what I'm saying when I assert that a flop raise does not increase your chances to win this pot if you are already behind. This is a call > raise >>>>> fold situation on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I can't get over the feeling that just calling on the flop here is pissweak after the preflop action. Does playing it this way make you too predictable? A fit or fold player? Or are the players so bad that this doesn't matter?

[/ QUOTE ]
A fit or fold player would just fold this flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And sure, it might seem weak, but how smart does putting in a raise with the third best hand sound? I highly doubt you'll find that recommended in any book you read. This is just a situation where you have a draw. You are getting odds to draw, so you draw. You don't have a pot equity edge, though.. so raising is ill-advised - especially when it's unlikely to knock anyone out or serve any other useful purpose as a free card isn't going to significantly improve your chances to win this pot. Also, it opens the action back up for a three-bet. If I got three bet on this flop after raising, I would choke on the vomit I just swallowed. Besides, as you saw, if you hit, they still will pay out like a slot machine with a second best hand.