Thread: Live vs Online
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Live vs Online

[ QUOTE ]
I've got to disagree with you guys. If you're logic is correct why aren't the major tournaments online instead of live? I'll agree that in low $ homegames, there are a lot of amateurs, beginners, wannabes, and just plain delusional idiots. BUT, high $ games, whether they're home games or at the B&M, attract some of the best players I've ever seen. Think about it guys, when playing online, the only tell that you're going to pick up on is the opponents style of betting. You could probably induce a tell by sending an IM, but then again jock itch could be good for you. A good live player picks up on tells from much more than just the betting style. Right? Think about it another way: How do you bluff on line and get away with it? Is it the same in a live game? I say, no. There are so many more nuances that you can add that will make it difficult for an opponent to spot your bluff. The opposite end of that spectrum is that there are so many nuances that you may make that allows your opponent to spot your bluff (that's what separates ho-hum from good). My point is that these things just can't be done online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M ALL-IN, CAUSE I DON'T THINK YOU GOT THE SPADES

YOU'RE RIGHT, I DON'T HAVE SPADES

ACES FULL, MIKE