View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Ever wonder if you\'re really a flip with A/K after limpers?

i'm not sure I follow all that you are talking about here. what are non-outs and why should I care about them?

Also, the difference between having all 6 outs left in the deck and only 4 of them left to draw for is a big deal - it's the difference between making the call with correct odds and making this call without the correct odds. I'm still looking for someone to share some of their thoughts with me about making a call getting somewhere between 2:1 and 2.5:1 pot odds with overcards against someone I'm putting on a mid pocket pair when there are a lot of limpers. So far, all I've been able to come up with is this:

Early in the tourney, people are more likely to limp with mid-strength aces (especially sooted) and marginal kings than late in the tourney. The difference being that they are more likely to either raise or fold with those same starting hands in the later stages of a tourney. Seems to make sense? If this is correct, then should it be a factor in my decision in this hand when I'm facing a pot getting about 2.2:1 on my money with A/K?

ts-