View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Party 30+3 back to back huge laydowns

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, instacall. Even ZeeJustin says he has never laid down KK preflop, from the 1000s of SnGs he has played at $215. You aren't better than him

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the first time I've ever laid down KK preflop and I don't plan to make a habit of it. But I was almost positive he had AA or KK. Firstly, I had several notes that this guy was probably a 2+2er and plays similarly to the style advocated by most of the good players that post here. Secondly, look at the size of the re-re-raise. Doesn't this scream AA or KK? How many good players make a re-re-raise like this without aces or kings? That's the key, this guy was a known good player. If it's an unknown player I obviously push. If anyone makes this same re-re-raise w/o aces or kings I'd like to hear from you. Here's the results of the 1st hand.

michw folds.
ILUVPP calls [375].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 6s, 5h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
ILUVPP shows [ Ah, Ac ] a pair of aces.
jjeivfatz shows [ Kd, Ad ] high card ace.
ILUVPP wins 1930 chips from the main pot with a pair of aces.
jjeivfatz finished in eighth place.

So...is this still a terrible fold, or can one "confidently" put a known good 30+3 player on KK or AA given the re-re-raise. I don't want to be patting myself on the back for this fold when it's not warranted.