View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: QQ HU with an ace

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is loose and erratic postflop. I don't have a firm read on his aggression yet. I have been running over this table with big hands and few showdowns, so I might attract more KJ-ish turn raises than usual.

I chose my turn/river play primarily based on the above. Thoughts?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 5.33 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked the way you played on every street. Against an erratic opponent the turn check is standard in my opinion. If you are ahead there are not many river cards that can hurt you. And given the action, betting the river for value is correct.