View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 5-5 turn decision vs tricky player

[ QUOTE ]
It is more likely that he has a hand. He cold called your flop bet, then raised the turn. He called with any 2 blank clubs and got a draw on the turn? ... I think it is much more likely that he has a hand here. Pot isnt ginormous at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree that he almost surely has a hand here. i'd been chattering about it after he raised me out of those other two hands, so he knows i want to play a pot with him. i show a lot of strength leading into two players on two streets, yet he still pops me on the turn: i think it's much more likely he has the goods this time.

that being said, i think my outs are clean. like you said, he didn't pick up a backdoor flush draw; my club outs are definitely good here. and while i'm not sure if a 4 would give me the winner (he could have 66), filling up with an 8 will certainly do the job. i have 11-13 outs, i'm getting 1150:500 to call, with 800 more to play for on the river. assuming he pays off with a straight or set a significant majority of the time if i hit, i think i have implied odds to just call.

btw, azk, leo's the villain.