View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Quitting Your Job Articles

[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly, I am trying to take the opposite route as Mason. I got my BS in Economics 4 years ago, and I have since gotten married and had 2 children.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the average person, I believe Gary's plan would be the best solution. Poker as a supplemental or at the most a 50% share of income. I do believe there are far too many young kids on 2+2 (I use the word kids liberally in this scenario) who would be doing themselves a disservice if they became a professional player with no other source of income. There are of course exceptions, Mason is living proof.

I believe both Mason and Al to be correct (although I don't like the way Al expressed his POV). Always follow your dreams, yet always be fully aware of the downside of choosing your path in life. Have a backup plan accordingly.

For what it's worth I generate a recognizable portion of my income through poker now, and I am on track to make it equal to at least 1/2 my total income by the end of '06. Poker is my back up plan... it is (like Mason) the means to achieve my real goals in life.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]