View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Donks

I agree with some of the others that there are two choices, push or fold. I'm not concerned over the MP3 hand which you probably have covered. It smells like a big pair or overcards.

The cold calls and raise by the other player and the small blind have me worried here.

The pot is offering 6:1 whereas you are about 10:1 with 4 shots to improve to the boat. However, in this case, I think there is a very high probability that at least one and probably two of your outs are dead.

I think it all comes down to whether or not you think your two pair is good at that point. If yes, then I think you push to try to either take it down there or make someone pay dearly for the right to try to river you.

If no, which I think is probably the case here, then I think you probably have to let it go. I suspect that the turn raiser may have something like two larger hearts.

IMHO, there is a high likelihood that your two pair is in 2nd or 3rd place and one or two of your outs are dead. So as much as I would really want to go forward here, I think I have to seriously think about letting go.