View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Rensselaer? Okay I call...

I think the earlier posters touched on my points...

I call down with this hand. Sure looks like he has the T, but could easily have a worse A (maybe even A3, which the turn T just counterfeited for you). No way I fold it.
To me the most significant phrase in your post was "I might have folded if......" If you're doing that in other situations like this, that's a pretty serious leak.

Making a read based on his username or location (wasn't clear from your post which it was) is pretty ridiculous.

There is in fact a college in NY called Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute; near Albany. I don't know about what another poster said regarding condition of the surrounding community, but RPI itself is a top-flight engineering school. I've worked with several recent RPI grads, and they were very sharp folks. So..IF you were going to try this method of getting a read, I'd say it backfired on you. And as far as I'm concerned, serves you right. (this does assume, of course, that you did in fact lose the hand...if you won, well, good on ya! You won in spite of the irrelevant read!) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]