View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Hurtful?

I don't usually agree with Sheetwise but he has a good point here. New Orleans was and is run by corrupt, incompetent morons and it bit them in the ass. Though, to be fair to them, they got hit a lot worse than anyone has ever been hit. But they sure weren't ready for much.

I wouldn't completely blame the mayor but the whole political system in New Orleans needs fixing. You can be a corrupt city that goes Democrat without being mind numbingly incompetent and inefficient i.e. Chicago.

I think it's fair to say when your elected officials are beholden to poor, uneducated,underemployed masses you will tend to get a government full of people better at talking than getting things done. How else do you explain Marion Barry getting elected to the city council of the nation's capital after getting caught smoking crack with a hooker on CAMERA?

On the same token President Bush is a moron who was annointed the Republican nominee for President because the ultrarich could rely on him to be on "their side." Hence the obsession with tax cuts for the wealthy, the push for repeal of the estate tax, and reckless spending geared towards large corporations as opposed to lower income individuals. And this country is paying the price - he is like the kid who takes over his dad's company and runs it right into the ground with a confused look on his face.