View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Flop nut flush, play on river when worried about straight flush?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think you are asking about the least relevant street this hand. I check raise the flop and without a doubt I raise the turn. These people will pay you off with many hands/draws, stop slowplaying!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I dunno, I think the right play is to just call the flop bet.. lead turn to the tune of 30% or something smallish, hopefully someone will sense weakness and try to raise you out.. if not they'll probably call with something.. then same thing on river, hoping someone has the K of spades and wants to go along for the ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and how about extracting some money from top pair/king of spades on the flop by actually putting some money in the pot? So many people on this forum have a serious case of slowplaying disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course getting money into the pot is the main objective, but you can do it gradually instead of all in one street to ensure you get max value.. say he raises to 180, maybe everyone folds on that danger flop, maybe someone calls, really depends on the level of play, but I just wouldn't want to lose anybody.. and yes, I have SPS (Slow play syndrome), it's a disease and it can't be fixed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]